Taking the Bus
- Public buses are operated by the Orange County Transportation Authority. This is their website: http://www.octa.net/.
- The cost of taking a bus is $2 per ride or $5.00 for a day pass. You can also get a five-ride pass for $9.00. These fares are purchased when boarding the bus and require exact change.
- A 30-day pass is available for $69.00 at the UCI Parking and Transportation office. (You must show your UCI student ID card when you buy it.) The 30-day pass allows you an unlimited number of rides for 30 days starting from the first time the pass is used.
- Brand new Bus Feature! You can text OCTA to get the latest information on bus routes. First, text OCTAGO with the key word, “bus” along with your stop and route number. Then you will receive three scheduled bus arrival times for that stop. You may also add a time and date to check when the bus will come in the future. For example: bus 3563 71 1100a 120913.
- Some bus schedules that serve UCI are available at the Activities Desk in Building D. To build your own bus schedule, create your eBusbook online at www.octa.net/ebusbook. For more bus information, go to: www.octa.net/ebusbook.