- ID Cards
- You will receive a UCI Continuing Education ID card on orientation day. It's made of paper and does not have your picture on it. If you'd like to get a UCI ID card made of plastic with your picture on it, go to the UCI Bookstore ("The Hill") next to the Student Center. (Maps)
- You have to pay for parking everywhere at UCI. For details about prices and how to buy a permit, go to the UCI parking website: http://www.parking.uci.edu/permits/.
- Don't park in the Student Health Center parking lot, which is next to Building CE 5. You will get a ticket.
- Don't park in any space marked "Reserved," "AR," or "Service Vehicles Only." You will get a ticket.
- Don't park in handicapped parking spaces with a blue sign with a wheelchair symbol. You will get a ticket.
- Don't park at the shopping center across the street and walk over to campus. You will get a ticket.
Taking the Bus
- Public buses are operated by the Orange County Transportation Authority. This is their website: http://www.octa.net/.
- The cost of taking a bus is $2 per ride or $5.00 for a day pass. You can also get a five-ride pass for $9.00. These fares are purchased when boarding the bus and require exact change.
- A 30-day pass is available for $69.00 at the UCI Parking and Transportation office. (You must show your UCI student ID card when you buy it.) The 30-day pass allows you an unlimited number of rides for 30 days starting from the first time the pass is used.
- Useful Bus Feature! You can text OCTA to get the latest information on bus routes. First, text OCTAGO with the key word, “bus” along with your stop and route number. Then you will receive three scheduled bus arrival times for that stop. You may also add a time and date to check when the bus will come in the future. For example: bus 3563 71 1100a 120913.
- Some bus schedules that serve UCI are available at the Activities Desk in Building D. To build your own bus schedule, create your eBusbook online at www.octa.net/ebusbook. For more bus information, go to: www.octa.net/ebusbook.
Using the UCI Libraries
- All UCI Continuing Education students can get a library card to check out books from the UCI libraries. The application form is available at the UCI Continuing Education Student Services Office in Building D. After you enroll, you may stop by the office or call (949) 824-5414 to receive the application. Library cards are issued by the UCI Library.
For more information about the UC Health Insurance program, check this website:
Smoking and Tobacco
Smoking is not allowed anywhere at UCI, either indoors or outdoors. This includes all forms of tobacco, both traditional cigarettes and electronic cigarettes.
Lost and Found
What should I do if I lose an item?
- Check the classroom or location where you lost the item.
- If you lost the item during class, ask your teacher.
- Go to the front desk in Building CE 5 and ask if they have received any lost items.
- Go to the Police Station located on the corner of East Peltason and Pereira Drive.
Peter the Anteater
Have you seen pictures of these strange animals at UCI? They're anteaters--the symbol of UCI. To read more about UCI's mascot, Peter the Anteater, and see him in action, click here: http://www.uci.edu/peter/
(You won't see any real anteaters at UCI, though--only pictures and statues!)