Information about the Institutional TOEFL
- UCI Continuing Education offers the Institutional Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) once during each 4-week program, on an afternoon near the end of the program. (The 10-Week Intensive ESL program also offers a separate TOEFL test for 10-week students.)
- Check the Calendars & Schedules page for upcoming TOEFL test dates.
- This is the Paper-Based TOEFL (PBT), a paper-and-pencil test, with listening, grammar, and reading sections only. There is no speaking or writing section. (This is not the iBT TOEFL, and cannot be used for admission to most colleges and universities.)
- Teachers will hand out a reminder note with information about the test location about a week before the test.
- The test is optional—it is not required. If you want to take it, you may register online during the first few days of the program.
- All 4-Week students may take the test (Conversation & Culture or Business English, full-time or part-time).
- The test is free for UCI ESL students.
- TOEFL scores will be ready 2-3 weeks after the test date. You may pick up your score report at the front desk in Building CE3, or we will mail it to you. We can mail scores to addresses in the US or in other countries. We are not able to send scores by email.
- A booklet of information about the test and sample questions to help you prepare for the test is available on the ETS website: http://www.ets.org/toefl/pbt/about/bulletin/.