If you are a part-time student...
- To study full-time in the Conversation & Culture program (in other words, to take all three classes), you must have an F-1 (student) visa.
- If you are in the US on a tourist (B-1/B-2) visa or other visa which does not allow full-time study, you may not be enrolled in more than 17 hours of classes per week. You may choose any two classes, but not all three.
- The following chart shows the classes in the Conversation & Culture program and the number of hours each class counts for visa purposes:
Hours Per Week
- If you are a part-time student, please talk to Marla Yoshida (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to tell us which classes you will take. (If you are here as part of a university program, your classes are already arranged, so you do not have to choose your classes.)
- Tuition for part-time students is based on the number and type of classes chosen. For information about part-time tuition rates and requirements, use the Payment Contact Form.
- Because of the requirements of U.S. immigration law, there can be no exceptions to the 17-hour-per-week limitation for part-time students.
- It is not possible to reduce the number of hours counted for a class by attending class fewer days per week than the class is scheduled. Doing this would simply count as absences.
- If you have questions about your visa status or requirements, please see our immigration advisors in Building CE3.